When you are buying a piece of luxury furniture or decoration, you have to know that you are buying a special product. Many of those items are handmade and delicate, also sometimes bulky.
These features add value to your product, but they may cause longer processing time and must be carried by specialized transport couriers, which work with different logics than express couriers.
Our Customer Service Takes Care of Your Order
Our customer service takes care of your order from the beginning to the end. We have direct contacts with suppliers and couriers. You will never be left alone: you will always be informed by e-mail about the status of your order, every time it goes from one processing phase to the next. You can also check your order status from our website: just log in and click on “My account”. On the same page, you can find the average supply time for your products.
The Steps of Your Order
- Pending: the order request has been saved in the system
- In Process: the order has been accepted by VillaDiMilano.com and processed (after receipt of the payment). At this point, each product is ordered from the manufacturer or booked from the warehouse
- In Preparation: the products are ready, and being prepared for shipment (fragile products are placed in wooden cages, parcels that must be entrusted to express couriers are equipped with an additional safety package, the largest products are placed on pallets)
- Shipping: the products have been collected by the courier who will contact you for delivery
How long does ordering from Villa Di Milano take?
When you purchase on VillaDiMilano.com, we ask you to read the information on the product pages carefully. The indicated supply time is “average”, not maximum. Only working days (excluding local holidays) are calculated. So you should contact us when more than 3 days have passed after the scheduled date, and your order is not “in preparation” yet. In case of unexpected delays, we will contact you.
As explained in point 1., furnishings are often specifically producted for you, therefore the delivery time may be long. It depends on the manufacturing and supply time, on the destination, and on the specialized courier that safely transports the product. Some products are already stored in the VillaDiMilano warehouse, or in partner’s warehouses, from which can be dispatched immediately. In these cases we are able to deliver them shortly.
On VillaDiMilano.com, you can easily recognize the products that are in stock by the “Ready for delivery” banner. In case of delay, VillaDiMilano.com keeps the customer informed: it is part of our commitment to respect, and to make our partners respect, the indicated times.
For your delivery, VillaDiMilano selects the best courier based on the product you purchased. Usually VillaDiMilano choses specialized couriers for delicate but heavy and voluminous objects. They always handle your purchases with the utmost care.
We take the most comprehensive packaging protection measures and will insure your goods for 110% of the value of the goods. Any mistakes in the logistics process will be borne by the insurance company. In case of unfortunate damage, we will work to help you get needed replacements as quickly as possible at no extra charge. If something arrives from us that looks damaged, or if parts are missing, please notify us right away.
Deliveries are made all over the world. The shipping methods vary depending on the destination and the type of goods. In many places, specialized couriers can offer accessory services such as:
- Delivery at home
- Furniture assembly
- Installation of household appliances
- Uninstall and dismantle the old appliance
- Collection and disposal of used items
For more information on delivery methods, click here.
Before the delivery to the address indicated, you will be notified by e-mail, telephone or text message from the courier. For this reason it is important:
- enter a correct email or telephone address
- check frequently your contact points during the days scheduled for delivery
Checking Deliveries During Receipt
When you receive your product, make sure that:
- the number of packages delivered corresponds to what is indicated in the transport document
- the packaging is intact (undamaged; not wet, punctured, bent or otherwise)
- to protect you from occult anomalies (not visible in a closed box), we suggest you finally to open the packaging and check the integrity of the goods
Only after the check you can sign the transport document and dismiss the courier agent.
If the package appears only slightly damaged, it is necessary:
1) accept the package anyway
2) report (in written form) the problem found on the appropriate accompanying document that the courier will ask to sign. For example “damaged packaging ” or “failure to deliver a package” or “damaged goods”.
Subsequently it is necessary to report the complaint to VillaDiMilano.com Customer Support within 5 working days. To send it, just log-in on the site and click the Post-Sale link in the footer of the site. Once the report has been received, VillaDiMilano.com will provide the courier with all the necessary documentation.
Warning: if you accept the goods and sign the transport document without reporting any anomalies, VillaDiMilano will no longer be able to help you to solve your problem. To find out more about the checks you need to make when you receive the package, click here.
100 % Safe, Trustworthy and Reliable
VillaDiMilano is one of the principal Italian eCommerce platforms for furniture and design. It has been on the market for many years, with headquarters in Milan. Payments on the website are safe and guaranteed. The customer service follows the whole process of your order and also assists you in the after-sales phases.
We are always reachable by email and telephone from Monday to Friday from 10.00 to 12.30 and from 14.30 to 17.00 (Italian time). VillaDiMilano goal is to offer you the best products at the lowest price, with the shortest possible delivery times.
Only Original, Genuine and New Products
VillaDiMilano supplies only 100% original, new and guaranteed products, compliant with the European Consumer Code. Our catalog presents more than 30,000 products and 300 selected brands, with a particular attention to Made in Italy design.